Question

Nevdrigg01

Why did my score with Transunion go up and my Equifax score go down?
I recently disputed a collection account as settled. My Transunion score went up while my Equifax score dropped. Why would this be if removal of a collection from my report is supposed to be positive?

That doesn't make sense, but be reassured that anytime you remove negative information from your reports it is a good thing. Was the account completely removed from Equifax or just updated? If it wasn't completely removed, then the update triggered the decrease if it still is a negative account. A settled collection is still a collection and that still is bad, just not as bad if settled. Beyond that, I am not sure. 

Same Equ Down Trans went from 612 to 712

My equifax went down 30 points after removing stuff from my credit report.  Also a loan application only affected Transunion by 3 points and Equifax by the 30 points.  And since none of the 3 have displayed accurately my credit balance allowed which is considered Average which should show an increase on my score not a decrease.  I have also had a Judgement removed from All three.  Also I have had inquiries removed.  Also Equifax is displaying items removed from both Transunion eXperian due to (debt over 7 years).  That violates a legal Federal right.  All attempts at having it disputed/removed have failed.  If the Credit Bureaus are provided the information and they do not use it to accurately portray consumers credit scores then why are Transunion Equifax Experian and Innovis allowed to be measures of approval financially of our credit?  Extremely unfair.

questcns

Enter Your ReplyRegarding the title I forgot to address (Jan 2016 I was Low 600s for all the Credit Bureaus, this Jan I was 700s in Transunion and Equifax Experian and Innovis all displayed differing calculation, data, debts.  It makes no sense and even Letters, Faxes, Calls, and proof get ignored.