Question

Nevdrigg01

Why did my score with Transunion go up and my Equifax score go down?
I recently disputed a collection account as settled. My Transunion score went up while my Equifax score dropped. Why would this be if removal of a collection from my report is supposed to be positive?

That doesn't make sense, but be reassured that anytime you remove negative information from your reports it is a good thing. Was the account completely removed from Equifax or just updated? If it wasn't completely removed, then the update triggered the decrease if it still is a negative account. A settled collection is still a collection and that still is bad, just not as bad if settled. Beyond that, I am not sure.