Question

BradyB2013

Why did my score not change when accounts were paid off?
My score has not changed even though I paid off three accounts in full, including the largest one, and also made a payment to take another account out of delinquency. I am really puzzled at this and am wondering how long it will take for my credit score to go up with these positive changes? We are hoping to buy a house in a year or less but cannot with this credit score!

Your credit score is not going to jump just because accounts are paid in full.  Any negative remarks on your credit reports (late payments, delinquency,collections) are going to remain until 7 years past the date they are paid in full because potential creditors will look at the previous seven years credit history in determining whether or not to grant credit.  You may not be able to buy a house in a year or less due to this.  Please learn what additional expenses may occur with home ownership, too.  Such things as property taxes, homeowner association fees, insurance, maintainence) can increase the overall monthly cost of owning a home. I know from experience.