Question

TrevinC

Why did my score increase so much?
I am just curious as to why I received 19 points for my credit score. (I am 18 and new to this whole credit stuff) This is my 5th month paying on time so my payment history is "Excellent", No derogatory marks so that's "Excellent", but only thing bad is my Utilization which is honestly at 99% because I have a habit of paying 50$ off then spending the 50$ I just paid off. (I am correcting this behavior though)

But is it just because this is the 5th month "milestone" or something?

Most Helpful Response

Don't know why your score increased but that is a good thing.  We also cannot see your financial information here.  I suggest possibly re-reading the articles on this site so you can better understand credit because they sure helped me and I'm trained in accounting. Try to keep your utilization at or below 10% and do make your payments on time.  As long as you don't have any derogatory remarks show up, you should continue doing fine.  Also, make it a practice to annually check your credit reports so that only YOUR information is reported since mistakes can happen.

PS

I forgot to mention that I usuually in the past have usually went -1/+1 and my Utalization hasn't really changed for a few months so I don't know what really "looks" good for my score to increase.