Question

dbishoproofing

Why did my score go down by just using my credit card
I used my credit card I had a death in the family . My card was paid off the next week but dropped my score why

Likely it was just a matter of timing.  Since only you can see your credit information I'm just guessing that you had to use a good part of the credit limit on that card even though you paid it back the next week.  But somewhere in that time period between the date you used the card and the date you paid it was the "closing date" which is the day the company totals all charges and reports this to the credit bureaus while preparing the bill for mailing/posting. The end result was a high usage rate dropping your score.  Just the way things happened and your score should soon return to normal.  Sorry about the death in the family.  Condolences to all.