Question

cerbonepartyof5

Why did my score go back up?

Most Helpful Response

Be glad it did.  You don't want your credit score to drop.  Apparently some negative item on your credit report dropped off, so your score improved. 

added

I have a collections/charge off on my credit report. My credit score was 770, dropped to  673.  It is a $71.91 charge. I paid it . Now,my score is back at 770. Equifax says it was removed but then readded. My score is back at 770. The new account says paid. But now the opening date is incorrect. Both my credit reports on credit karma are showing no collections or derogatory accounts. Yet, the tradeline in the report from Verizon uses both of these words. What is going on? Why did my score go back up? Im not complaining but i will be devastated if it goes back down again. I disputed again that the opening date is incorrect as i didn't even have Verizon at the time it says.