Question

Trupti1

Why did my score fall 50 points in one week?
My score fell from 739 to 693 after applying for and securing Macy's & JetBlue AmEx credit cards within 2 weeks. I have never defaulted on any payment. Why did this happen?

Probably too much credit too recently

Have you had any other open accounts around the same time? If not then it could be the amount of total accounts versus your current debt. 

miguelsam324

Can you explain what is meant by total accounts versus current debt? I have multiple accounts at 1% utilization. I have new lines of credit opened within the month and my score dropped drastically. The age of my credit has been at over 10 years but when I apply for new cards I do it all at the same times at the gap of several years typically 5.

I had only one card till then. No other accounts opened. These are the only two hard enquiries shown in the account. The only thing negative is that my credit history is only 5 months old.