Question

springer937

Why did my score drop on the new credit karma site?
On the old credit karma site, my score was a 610. Nothing has changed, no late payments, only 5 hard inquiries. Would 5 inquiries drop my score by 80 points?!? I have been working really hard to raise my credit, and I am shocked as to why it would drop so much.

5 recent hard inquiries added could have a significant impact on your score but 80 points seems like a lot for just hard inquiries.

If you can't find any changes in the normal places (Avg age, Accounts, Derogatory remarks, etc) check your Alerts/Notifications and see if any accounts have moved into collections lately.

web12005

I think they changed to the official FICO scoring system, it just happened to me to

web12005

Credit Karma took off 80 points just like that.  :(