Question

MelaninFlower

Why did my score drop 90 points in one day?
College student with student loans, I was praised for my credit score. Upper 600s and continuing to grow. As I go to school out of state, I needed a credit card to build my score as well as to use in case of emergencies. I was approved for a card with TCU with a $2k limit. I haven't even recieved the credit card yet and my score literally dropped 90 points. I planned to get an apartment next summer, not to mention that I still need to be approved for other things in the near future . Someone please help me understand why it dropped so drastically and how i can fix it.

Most Helpful Response

My best guess is the combination of limited history and a new hard inquiry. It should raise once you're using your card and paying it.