Question

sarafinaHk

Why did my score drop 31 points???
I'm trying to rebuilt my credit. 8 months ago I got approved for the chase slate with a credit score of 580 and cl of $500. 6 months later my score was up to 630. I've been using the card and paying it off every month. Last month I got approved for the chase freedom with cl $700 and my score dropped to 605. When I checked my score 2 weeks later it was back at 630. Balance on slate is $116 and balance on freedom is $175 which I'll pay off at the end of the month when it's due. Why is my credit score down at 599??

new card.

a new card will drop your score until you prove that you can manage the new credit. it should bounce back in a few weeks.

Scores fluctuate almost daily. Don't worry about the day to day score, It's the overall score over time that counts.