Question

12090116

Why did my Equifax score go down when my brand new student was reported
Why did my score go down when my new student loan was reported when I'm not due to even start payments? Why was it reported at all when it's not delinquent?

The reason it is reported and will have an effect on your credit score is that  student loans are a debt that must be repaid.  Unlike other financial obligations, there is no statute of limitations on a student loan so they will not fall off your credit repport due to the passage of time.  They also may not be discharged in bankruptcy.  They are a financial obligation that must be met no matter how long it takes to get the loans paid in full.