Question

Rjoyce77

Why did my Equifax score go down suddenly?
Why did my Equifax score go down by 7 points last month even though there were NO new inquiries, no new accounts, balance on existing accounts is decreasing each month and being paid on time - so basically, I don't see any reason why it went down when in fact, it should stay the same or go up if I'm paying on time and decreasing balances... any idea?

We have no idea.  We have no access to your report data.  To determine the cause(s) of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the scoring change.  While the items you list impact score they are not the only changes that would have a scoring impact.

7 points is a negligible change.  If you're going to worry over points then set a larger threshold.  I would suggest at least 20 points.

Rjoyce77

Thanks for your thoughts.

I know 7 points isn't a lot but when I've been working really hard over the past 2 years to bring my score back up after having had a tough year, every point is important to me :)