Question

txhippie

why did my equifax score drop 85 points, is owing zero bad on my creditcards?
dropped 85 points after my credit cards reported i owe zero??? nothing else going on

Something else had to be going on.  Please read the articles here and you will learn what can effect the credit score so this is less likely to happen again.

Having a zero reported balance, based on articles I've read on this site, should only be a couple points difference than having a reported balance of about 1% on your statement.  That you pay off in full to avoid interest.

Now, if had a credit card with $1000 limit, charged $950 one month, and the statement showed $950 balance.  You pay it off, but the utilization would be bad.

I myself pay off my credit cards, many times even before the statement reports it, and my score is fairly good.