Question

Iceman31480

Why did my derogatory marks decrease without paying them?
Last month I had four derogatory marks on my credit. I checked this month and I only had one derogatory mark. I did not pay any debts listed off. How is this possible? Now they are not listed like they were in my notifications only the original four were. Also, the current amount does not match any of the totals from the original four marks. Not complaining just curious.

Most Helpful Response

Keep in mind that derogatory marks will stay on your credit report for 7-15 years. If those derogatory marks happened over 7 years ago, then it is possible that they are no longer being reported and they "fell off" of your credit report. Also you should check for accuracy with all 3 of your credit reports to make sure the data matches (Credit Karma pulls from TransUnion, so compare your TransUnion credit report with Credit Karma). You can do that by going to www.annualcreditreport.com - it is the site provided by federal law where you can get your detailed credit reports for free once a year.