Question

Masterjx9

Why did my credit score go from 552 to 0 when I paid my collections?
So I had two collections on my transunion report that I didn't make but rather someone used my name for there bills.

Regardless, the collections were a small amount so I paid them off and asked transunion to take the collections off of my report.

They did, so this morning when I checked credit karma my score went from 552 to 0 or N/A.

Any reason as to why this is? I would have figured that paying off the debt means I would have gotten a higher credit score but instead I got 0?

Most Helpful Response

You do not get credit for paying negative accounts. With the removal of the collections, you probably have nothing on your credit report now and that is why you have nothing. Start reading everything that you can about how to build and properly use credit so that you can build a credit profile and scores. You will find that you need to start with a Secured Credit Card that is reported to all three credit bureaus.