Question

lilpixies2121

why did my credit score go down after paying off 2 debts in collections?
i have 4 accounts in collections. i paid off 2 of them over a week ago and got an email notification saying that my score had changed due to this action on my part. the email even went so far as to state that i had paid off these 2 debts and that that was a nice move on my part. when i went in to see what effect, if any, that had on my scores, i saw one score was unchanged and the other had actually dropped 15 points. why is that?

and after reading some of the other questions/responses in this category, should i just NOT pay off the other 2? all 4 were medical bills. 1 of the ones that is left is from 2011 and the other is from last year