Question

tryingtorebuildcredit

why did my credit score go down after a collection was removed?
I recently had an old collection on my credit report deleted and one hard inquiry added. Before this my score was 663, after the deletion and hard inquiry it went down to 643. The following day a second hard inquiry was added to the report and my score went up to 644. I am very confused... I thought that removing the collection (@$2500) would have had a positive affect on my score. I have one car loan with no late payments (loan originated Oct 12'), other than that I have no other credit. CK shows that I had very good chance of being approved from multiple credit cards (as I'm trying to build my credit) but I have been declined once again. The only negative on my report is the lack of CC, length of account being opened for car loan, and hard inquiries (which I am under the understanding accounts for only a small portion of the overall score). What am I missing here?

bad credit removed

Same thing happened to me a attorney removed 3 bankruptcies and 3 collections and my score went down 70 points. In the meantime I paid off all my credit cards and the score went down. I don't understand.

The same thing happened to me, and I'm not sure why. I made a dispute from on Transunion, and later made the same dispute on my equifax. My Transunion went up 72 points, and my Equifax went down 22 after I disputed the collection from both.

Same Here can anyone explain

I had two collection account deleted and my score when down I thought it would go up. Does not make any sense to me 

same happened to me

I had a huge collection taken off my report by paying it and the next time i checked credit karma my score dropped 50 points after the collection removal, this make no sense at all when you would think the score would go up that much not down..should have just left it on there if in fact the score was going to drop that much.

Same thing happened to me. Score went down nearly 20 points after two collections items were removed. Both were old bills that were in dispute (closed accounts around $150 where final payment wasn't credited properly). Since they were bills, neither were revolving credit, nor had either reported any positive payment history, nor were either the oldest items on my report. 

So there's no logical reason it should have affected my credit score. In fact, Vantage Score went up, but the Transunion score is the one that went down. 

whats the deal??

I actually have Lexington on my payroll...they got 3 accounts removed within the last week and my score dropped 58 points! Wtf is the point of fixing your credit if obstacles like these are presented??

Same

I had an item removed from collections, and immediately after my score dropped 25 points. Makes no sense. I been trying to browse through the community posts to see if CK had any advice on that but I have found nothing. 

Same here.

Same here. After this last score updating on Jan 2 I noticed 3 collection accounts had been removed , but my score was down by 8 points. I didn't have any hard inquiries nor did 

I have any new collection accounts, what gives?

Same here

Mine is worse i went from 625 to 556 and im really frustrated nothing changed except 3 bills that were paid just needed to be removed.

Confused

The same exact thing happed to me on here. I've had two collections items removed and my score dropped 5 points. They are not old accounts, nor are the revolving credit lines. Just plain negative collection items. I'm irritated! Meanwhile, my MyFico scores have not updated either. What gives!!!