Question

zefie

Why did my credit score go down?
This morning I checked my credit score update. I had previously had a CS of 670, now it is showing as 607 with a 63 point drop. The only change to my score details is that I have four more total accounts showing on my report than my previous visit. Has anyone had this happen to them? Can someone please explain what's going on? I have worked so hard to bring my score to where it was and now I am terrified of being at the bottom of the barrel again.

Same

Looks like this is the same thing that happened to me this morning. I noticed 6 new marks/accounts even though nothing had happened, and credit score suddenly dropped 120+ points in one update. Equifax went up by 6 points in the same timeframe. Looks like it's happened to some others today as well, based on some of the other comments in this thread. I'll be checking back here to see if anyone can find an explanation!

zefie

I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I disputed the error with transunion and it cleared up the next day. My score is back to normal. Hope yours goes back to normal too!

Same Problem-CS dropped 100 pts!

I had the same thing to happen to me on yesterday on 6/5/17, I received an update that my Transunion credit score dropped 100 points from 700 to 600 for no apparent reason.  There have been no new inquiries, no delinquent payments nor accounts, all accounts still in good standing as pay full balances on my credit cards each statement.  The update stated that three accounts had been added when it fact there had not been only it showed that my car loan had decreased by $426.  Response from Credit Karma is generic about they receive their info from Transunion, etc. and when I called Transunion it is the same info that the third party monitoring systems use as different monitoring system than Transunion.  The rep stated they would send me a copy of my credit report via mail to review. I was then given two options I could either pay $9.99 on the phone to get my "credit score" or go to their website to pay to get my current score. Well I chose the Transunion website thinking I could also view to see if there was any additional information that was maybe not reflecting on Credit Karma. It showed the same score under True Identity powered by Transunion of 600 again with no changes  so I called Transunion back to say that it still showed the same score in question with no reason why. The new rep proceeds to tell me that score is not the score they see on their screen and that also they asked me if I had any recent accounts or inquiries. I stated no inquiries but an American Express card that was had already been added prior and the new rep stated that they couldn't see the American Express card!!! Seriously, this makes no sense and that now that if I wanted to receive "my credit score" that was correct and what was on their screen they were looking at that I needed to pay another $9.95. I explained that the first rep told me that I could get the score by paying online with a service that Transunion offered on their website but now to tell me after the fact that a product that they sponsor is not correct either is ludicrous!   I was then told that I needed to contact Credit Karma to ask them to give me the reason as to why it dropped.  These doesn't make any sense.  Hope this helps as you are not alone