Question

filmjunkie79

Why did my credit score go down
My credit score recently dropped 23 points. There were no inquiries, I didn't apply for credit, I didn't miss any payments, I didn't open or close any accounts, etc. The only thing that changed was that I paid off a couple credit cards, so my utilization went down to 16%. But shouldn't that make my score increase, not decrease? I don't understand what is going on here. What gives?

Scores flucuate all the time.

Its just the way it is.  Things like paying off cards will drop your score, as will charging things to your cards.  Credit scoreing uses algiritums that try to predict what your going to do next.  IT is based on hundreds of thousands of credit reports and what all those other people did after paying off their cards.    A lot of people pay off cards right before applying for a new loan or credit card.

Maintain the task at hand, pay off your debts and you should see your score bounce back up in short time. 

good luck