Question

MapRef41N93W

Why did my credit score go down?
My average age of credit went up, my credit line with one of my cards was increased, I lowered my total credit debt from 1000 to 780, made all payments on time, had no inquiries, etc. yet my score dropped 12 points. How is this possible? I have nothing listed under my credit activity dating back to April 15th so I don't understand this.

Thanks for any help.

Most Helpful Response

a couple things

for one ck scores are not completely accurate. they are an estimation of your score. so your score may in face have not gone down. possibly even increased. my score has gone up and down the past few months in the range 660-700. without any wrong doings. but my actual fico score right now is at 742. use it more of a monitoring tool. you can always get your true scores from the credit bureaus. some companies like Discover show there scores on your statement so check what companies you have.