Question

wantgdcredit

why did my credit score go down
I just paid off a bunch of bills I paid off a mortgage I paid off a car loan now I did buy another vehicle and applied for a credit card but why would my credit score go down I haven't changed or missed any of my current payments I mean is bad to get another card or buy something else cause you paid the other one off I mean I haven't changed the way I operate

Anytime you are pay off and close accounts it affects your score in a negative way.  Same with applying for new credit.  To learn about how your score is calculated, please visit www.myfico.com.  When accounts are closed, it means that amount of credit is no longer calculated into your total utilization, which is 30% of your score.  You probably need to replace the closed accounts with some new open credit lines, but I can't say for sure without seeing your full report.  For some great advice for your specific situation, please visit www.credit.about.com.  Best of luck!