Question

Peterabc

Why did my credit score go down?
My score was 629 after reading on here I applied for a credit card. I was approved. The very next day I log in and I see the inquiry but now my score went down to 611. I don't even have the card yet. What did I do wrong? Just trying to rebuild my credit.

Inquiries count for 10% of your credit score.  Once you get the card and start using it, your score will slowly increase over next 4-6 months.  It should get higher that it was without the card, so just be patient.  To learn more about rebuilding your credit, I recommend a free and easy website www.credit.about.com.  No sign-ups needed and tons of useful info.  Best of luck!