Question

vault20

Why did my credit score drop when everything has improved?
My credit score dropped after steadily rising over the past year. The only thing that has changed recently is a lowered balance on my credit cards.

Most Helpful Response

I would pull your credit reports to make sure you know everything that is on there.  Something has changed if it dropped.  It could be even something dropping off of your credit report and you are getting re bucketed.

vault20

Thank you I'll look through everything again. What has changed recenltly is [aying off the balance on my cards and the addition of a student loan. But from my understanding, that addition shouldn't effect my score negetively because it's an added account. I'm still trying to make sense of how the aspects of credit scores work, so I'm learning. I think!