Question

Bgibb

Why did MY credit score drop by 48 points after opening a car loan?
Took out a lease on a new car. My score went from "good" to "fair" with the 48 point drop.
I see others have asked similar questions, but I am curious about my specific circumstance being that it's a lease.

It's not unusual for a new line of credit to cause your score to drop, due to the addition of a hard inquiry and the brand new account pulling down the average age of your accounts. As always, if there have been other recent changes to your report, that could also cause your score to fall. 

Drop in score

My credit score dropped after buying my new car like by 40 plus pts why