Question

Shirazali

Why did my credit score drop 86 points because of a credit card i dont even have?
On August 19th it said my new credit card limit was $16,000. The only line of credit i have open is with best buy for a tv i financed from them., i dont have an actual credit card. Then on august 31st it said my credit card from american express new has decreased $15,000. Says my overal card limits have decreased to $1,000. My mom had and american express card in my name years ago, thats the only thing i can think of. Is this something i should dig deeper into or is it something i just dont understand?

Most Helpful Response

You should get copies of your free credit report from annualcreditreport.com and review it carefully for errors. Dispute any error found.. The bureaus are obligated to investigate and remove accounts that are not yours.

The sudden reduction in credit limits may be due to them finding that one or more account are not yours and the adjustment has been made. But get your report and fix it asap!