Question

Quis30

Why did my credit score drop 80 points in one day when I payed my credit card in full
My first payment and I payed it in full. My score was 682 when I checked yesterday

Most Helpful Response

Scores fluctuate all the time

and YES, Paying off your bill will drop your score. 

In the Game of credit, Oweing money has more value than not oweing.  Creditors like customers that they make money off of, i.e. owe money and your score goes up, owe to much and your score goes down. Owe no money and your score can plummet. 

Credit also relies a great deal on your history.  Consistantly use and pay your cards and your score will rise and stabilize. Keep utilization at 30% or less and pay off regularly. you will see your score rise.

Good Luck

carbonUnit

Thanks for putting my mind at ease with your answer Eddy. Although I knew it, its nice to hear it. My score just took a 100 point nose dive due to utilization, but I needed to finance a new computer for work so I figured making money was more important than a temporary hit to my score. I'll pay it down over the next couple of months and my score will most likely rise. Thanks man.