Question

Manipa27

Why did my credit score drop 43 points with a hard inquiry? Is this typical? When does it rebound?
I applied for a personal loan with my bank. Was preapproved waiting on final answer. It's the only new thing I have.

43 pts for a Hard Inquiry is not normal. If you were approved, has the new loan hit your reports? If so, you reduced your "average age of accounts" and added more debt, added a loan with a full balance and those things combined could result in a pretty good score hit. What did your FICO scores do? Be sure to watch them if you are concerned about your credit. Also read everything that you can find on credit as there is a lot to know.