Question

nfl233

Why did my credit score drop 26 points?
I have not done anything significant in the past few months except small credit card purchases which I immediately paid off. I am in the military and moved out of my apartment when I deployed a few months ago. My wife is moving in now and the hard inquiry from that is the only major change recently. Coupd that one hard inquiry drop me from the 750s? I paid my car off a while ago but it didn't drop anywhere near 26 point. What's going on?

Yes it can!

any inquiry can have a major effect on your score, though they are generally short lived.

The simplest things can change your score but if there is no major impact to your overall credit report it will ususally bounce right back.