Question

hmk2015

Why did my credit score drop???
I also want to know what options I have that could help me raise my credit score, since I am apparently not doing it right by making payments and paying off my debts. Is there anyone I can speak to other than via e-mails and blogs??? I would love to speak with someone who can answer these questions as well as give some helpful advice, which is what everyone is hoping for when accessing these websites instead of having to post a blog and wait on a response from other confused individuals like me. I would like some answers and advice, please.

There are people you can speak to but you'll have to go out find them.  There are many creditor counselors out there who can help you if you need personal help like that.  There are also plenty of credit resources out there that you can use to educate yourself.  Even if you get someone else to help you improve your credit you're going to need to know how to maintain it and the information to do both is really the same.

Making payments and paying off debts helps but you need to understand how your credit is scores and views in terms of risk assessment.  All debts are not considered the same way.  You'll see much bigger improvements from reducing your reported revolving utilization (balance[s]/limit[s] on your credit cards and other revolving accounts as indicated on your reports) than you will see by paying down installments which are viewed as much less of a risk.  if you're paying collections you need to be very careful as doing so can make a collection report recent activity which can do more harm than good.

If you have any derogs you need to get them addressed to see any meaningful improvement.  Derogs tend to be major red flags to creditors.  They also tend to have a significant impact and hold your scores down as long as there are any on your reports.  Again, you have to carefully research before taking action to address them to avoid making matters worse.  You generally want to aim to negotiate pay-for-deletes to have them removed when paid.

Don't overlook the more active credit discussion forum sites out there and other resources.