Question

kspampi7

Why did my credit drop 64 points in one month???
The only change to my accounts was that my mortgage was sold to a different company. That account was closed and re-opened with another mortgage company. I thought that was a normal thing, although it is the first time it had happened to me. I was working so hard to get my credit up, and it was almost to the excellent range (around 740). Now it dropped back to the middle of the fair range. I don't understand why my credit would be ruined because the mortgage company sold off my mortgage (along with a bunch of others I'm sure). I was getting ready to buy a new car, and didn't think I was going to have a problem getting the best interest rates because of my credit. Now I don't think I will be able to qualify for the best rates...

check the dates of the new Mortgage and make sure the Date Opened or Created is the same as the Older one.  
The Terms of your Mortgage have not changed,  they need to keep all that information the same. 

kspampi7

It says the date it was opened was October 1 of this year.  That is not the same as  my original (which was April 1, 2010).  Should it say April 1, 2010 even for the new mortgage??