Question

Bill123Texas

Why did my Age of Credit History drop
After getting my 1st credit card, it changed from a 3 yr 10 mo (mortgage) grade "D", to 1 yr 11 mo grade "F", but my Oldest Open Account shows 3 Yrs 11 Mo?

Most Helpful Response

because you opened a new line of credit regardless it was a personal loan, a car loan, a mortgage, or a credit card....new line of credit means new average age of credit history

I had concluded that

The key word is "Average" Age of Credit History. The side efffect of averaging a not great short-history "D" grade being "averaged" to a "F" grade makes the 4 year history look like "IT" is an even shorter history that includes a lognest 4 year history. Nothing that I can do about it now any way....

Nancy Mullins

I am 76 years old and have had a credit history since I was 20.   Why do you not give a woman credit history because she divorced.  I still paid the bills.  I was an RN and earned most of my income while married and divorced.  I own my home that's worth $250,000.  I own my 2014 Toyota Corolla free of lien.  I own a second house, rental which I maintain.  My retirement income is $24,000 a year.  It is just not fair that I have a low credit score when I pay all my bills monthly.