Question

tgmchi

why did i get such a high credit limit ?
I got a cap one card 5 months ago with a starting limit of 300 dollars. Its my only credit card and the only other account i have is 50k in student loan debt which is atill in deferment. Ive paid cap one in full for the last 5 months and my score has gone from around 650 to 700. Anyways i just got an invitation to apply for discover it card and i did. They started me out at 10,000 credit line. This doesnt seem notnal to me, just looking for some input.

You're considered a good risk!!

The only reason for getting a high credit limit is that you have already proved by your current history with your first card that you are a good credit risk.  That's why they granted such a high limit.  Nice to have available, to be used in moderation.

I consolidate 3 credit cards totalling $3000 total credit limit and an 80% usage rate.  I called my credit union and they gave me a $12,500 credit limit on my card and that has been raised twice, though I'm not even going to use it all.  I like the large safety net.