Question

BeccaDragon

why did disputing w/transunion hurt my numbers with equifax?
i disputed and Transunion agreed. due to a divorce and the subsequent court order I was not liable for a mobile home loan taken out. it was a whopping 44k the note was 350 amonth. everything was fine until I remarried. at that point my ex moved in with his mom and refused to pay. no one notified me until after the foreclosure, it showed up on my credit. so Trans removed it. it wasn't listed with the other 2. the company promptly re reported it to Equifax at 35 k (where did the other 9k go?) like it was a new debt. and there is no number or process here to dispute that. when trans removed it my score went up 3 lousy points. when Equifax added it back my score plummeted 9 points. why the difference?

Equifax and Transunion are two separate companies. If you find items that you want to dispute on your credit reports, you have to do that with the credit bureaus. Transunion, Equifax and Experian are the three credit bureaus and they all have websites with instructions on how to dispute incorrect information found on your reports.