Question

ohsure91

Why did Comcast check my credit twice in one week?
When I signed up for Comcast last January they rightfully checked my credit. However, they did it twice, first on January 12, 2015 and also on January 17, 2015.

Why would they perform a hard inquiry twice in such a short amount of time? I did not explicitly authorize a second inquiry. Do they have the authorization to do a second check without my consent within a certain timeframe? If not, is it best to contact to the company or to the credit bureau to appeal this?

You can either contact Comcast, and hope they're able to remove the inquiry, or dispute it with the credit bureau(s), and it should go in your favor.

Did you perhaps initially apply for one type of service and then change the actual service for a higher end service contract?   Once you have established credit with a firm, they have full access to your credit report and can actuall pull hard or soft inquiries without your permission.  Most complete soft inquiries as part of your business relationship with them, however, nothing prevents them from doing a hard inquiry.