Question

waterguylarry

Why did Best Buy selling my crdit card lower length of credit portion to an "F"
I originally got a Best Buy card from HSBC. They sold it to Capital One who in turn just sold it to Citibank N A. How can I dispute the fact that although it looks like I applied for 3 cards in 2 years, I did not. Just the original one.

RE: Best Buy

Have you pulled an actual credit report (outside of credit karma?)  You need to check two things:

1.)  The status of the old card should say "transferred" which would indicate that it wasn't just closed by you.

2.)  The open date should stay the same.  If the open date on the new card has reset, that would explain why its hurting your average age of account. 

In order to dispute something, you need to actually need to pull your credit report from the Annual Credit Report website.  Its free once a year.  You can't dispute through Credit Karma because its not an actual credit report.