Question

Goatwave

Why did a new address drop my credit score over 40 points?
I lived at address A for 2 years, moved to address B in October 2016. I got an alert a few days ago saying "a new address was listed to your credit report" This address was address A and after I got that alert, my credit score dropped by nearly 50 points. There have been no other changes to my report that would negatively impact my score. Is this normal and why would an address change affect a credit score so much?

Addressed absolutely DO NOT affect credit scores. So this is either from something else or a glitch. Check your FICO scores somewhere and see what they are doing.