Question

Chris0107

Why could my vantage score drop randomly 38 points?
My vantage score dropped 38 points for no reason. I have done absolutely nothing different and my finances have not changed. I have not applied for any credit. Any idea what causes this to happen?

Most Helpful Response

There are multiple factors that go into generating a credit score. Credit Karma's credit report card lists the top 6 that can impact your credit score, there could easily be dozens more. I've noticed that even a small change in balances or account activity could help or hurt your credit score. Since there are so many factors that go into computing a credit score, sometimes it just happens to appear that your credit score changes for no reason at all. Just to be safe - in case of identity fraud or errors, you can check your full credit reports for accuracy at annualcreditreport.com.