Question

stevesreed

Why closed credit cards still show up the the "My Accounts" section?
I recently closed a couple a credit card accounts, but Credit Karma still lists them on the credit card page under the "My Accounts" tab.

I checked my free annual credit reports, and both cards are marked as closed on all 3 credit services.

Is there a way to remove them from Credit Karma?

Most Helpful Response

They are part of your credit history even thought closed and the payment record is what is of interest to potential lenders.  The cards will show on your reports for 7 years, then drop off as required under federal reporting law.  And Credit Karma gets the info from the credit bureaus.  What is reported on this site is also part of your credit history but this site is a tool for helping you to improve your credit.

peaceoutseattle

If closed credit card accounts will show up for seven years, why is it that two of mine that I've closed since 2007 show up on my report, and two of them do not? Thanks.

old closed accounts

Good Question whqt was the reply?