Question

jjamme

Why cant they use my credit score of 616 so I can purschase a home with my VA Loan I qualify for?

Most Helpful Response

Many factors make for a loan.

Just your credit score doesn't count.  Buying a home requires having the ability to repay the loan, plus the property taxes, plus insurance, plus maintenence, and all of these can add at least 25% more to the payment amount.

It's also not just the one credit score, but what you have showing on Experian and Equifax.  And they also take into consideration the credit scores and income of your spouse, plus the costs of raising any children you may have.

So, your best source of information on what you must have to get the home you want.  Just because you are eligible for a VA home loan due to military service does not mean you can pick out just any home and buy it.  You may have to find a home within a specified price range in order to buy it.

I'm a veteran and went through this, so I know.