Question

lkbigmac

Why cant I get capitol one to delete a late payment report?
I have read and heard that numerous people have been successful at having late payments deleted. It was a year and a half ago when I had some medical issues that prevented me from working for a bit. The late payment was 90 days late after all was said and done. The account is still active and I stayed in touch with them the hole time I now have several more accounts with them and have been with them for 9 years this being the only time I was late. I have called and written letters and always the same response that they cant delete them. The reason I am trying is that I would like to purchase a house but this mark is making it hard to get approved for the loan. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Keep trying, many people that have had success with this had to try many times, sometimes for years, before they found the right rep to help them.