Question

Khristinechavez96

Why cant i find my credit file if I put a home under it 20 yeats ago?
I am trying to help my grandma get her credit score because she is looking for an apartment but no credit websie is able to give me a score. She bought a house over 20 years ago. I am trying to find her an apartment but I keep running into this same problem over and over again. If you jave any suggestions help me out here.
Thanks

Any credit  items from twenty years ago are ancient history.  Only currently active credit accounts will show on a credit report, as is explained very well in the articles on this site.  Please read them so you can understand how credit works.  That is what Credit Karma is all about.

Was it paid in cash or have mortgage on it, if it had a mortgage? how long have it been paid. Closed account in good standing usually last up to 10 years from when it's closed.... If she dosent have credit activities in last few (I'm unsure how long exactly) years, then they have no ways to calculating her scores.