Question

marykay1959

Why aren't there better restrictions for comsumers to receive notice PRIOR to a hit on their report?
I'm just wondering why the credit reports automatically ASSUME an amount is correct and puts it on a person's report? I would think the proper thing to do would be to contact the person and ask "is this a viable credit card amount, etc." This type of practice would HELP so many that are a target of "black market auctions" of someone's identity. I have personally sued collection agencies that had my information on accounts I did not have but that information was allowed on my report w/o ANY communication. It's time the consumer is trusted instead of random hits on a person's report.

vecause that would require extra work on hte companys end to contact every single consumer to verify if something is correct it would be to taxing of a problem

Check credit reports annually!!!

Go to annualcreditreport.com once a year to get copies of all three credit reports which you will look over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.  Only in this way can you be sure the information on your reports is correct.