Question

yamafx4dude

Why aren't my inquiries being counted as one?
I shopped for a home refinance loan and each inquiry is being counted as one hit. I thought all inquiries within 30 days for the same thing are only counted as one hit?

Most Helpful Response

I shopped at 7 different mortgage places and all 7 are being counted as one on both credit reporting agencies. And yes I took a big 13 point hit. Why do they say they all count as one when thats a lie? I shopped this loan within 1 week to avoid hits and yeah they are liars and it did not count as just one hit. 

How do you know that they are all being scored? Did you experience a big score drop? It is normal for them all to be shown on your reports. The time window does vary among scoring systems, I think fourteen days is the shortest one, but most are longer. Are you looking at your FICO scores or the scores here? Vantage may do things differently, I am not sure. It is always possible that things may be adjusted to in a little bit of time.