Question

sassi52

why aren't my credit cards and other accts. updated ?
everything was paid off last month..where is the update on my accts?

Update ??

I have 3 accts on my credit report in which i paid off over a month ago ....still no change in score and balance is still listed .  Including paying off my car 

Most Helpful Response

Will the Credit Card data update daily?  If not how oftern does it update?

Once you connect to the credit card company site, it should reflect the same info if you logged into the account seperately.  If you just made a payment, must wait to reflect on the account and the system will update.  There is an update button on this site to update it for today.

Don't pay your full balance of your credit cards pay the until your score is updated . Pay the most (70%-90%)  check the date of your credit report uptade you have to pay before they update your score if you want to see those points go up. Good luck 

That's not true. It's completely okay to have a 0% balance on a card (anywhere from 0-20% is usually optimal). Just don't close a card simply becasue you paid it off.  That will end up lowering your overall credit utilized-to-credit available ratio and could end up hurting your credit score - especially if the card you close is one you've had for a long period of time.

In fact by telling he/she not to pay it off in full your telling him/her to waste money on interest payments that could otherwise be avoided.

It might take them a little bit to get it up dated and im sure it depends on if they are submitting your information to the credit buros

car pay-off

I paid my car off in April and the Financers said that it would be turned into the Credit Bureau.  My Credit score has not moved any higher, so how do you tell if your credit is reallly being turned into the Bureaus. 

Because one thing I can say is once you mess up your credit it's messed up a long time.  Any suggestions because I sure do need some.