Question

Momto5girls

Why are there several Hard Credit inquiries on my account when I haven't applied for any loans?
I applied for a refi last Jan, and the mortgage company did a hard credit inquiry. We decided to not go with them (got a better offer). The second company also did a hard credit inquiry. Both showed up on our credit. However, since then, I have had 5 hard credit inquiries that have shot down my credit score substantially. How is this happening?

Possible Identity theft attempt?

Try to find out where those inquiries came from. If they were coming from a bank outside of your state of residence, there is a good possibility of identity theft.

Follow up question

I also had a hard credit inquiry and haven't applied for any credit of any kind. How do I find out who PIONEER/7012 is, since they were the ones who performed the inquiry?

I have one too

I also have an inquiry from pioneer 7012 and have not applied for any credit!! Going to file a challenge on this with transunion