Question

Seanmoe78

Why are there accounts from 2010 Still open and active on my credit report?
These accounts are 5 and some 6 years old and in collections. I've never paid a dime on any of them due by the time I found out about them they were already in collections. So why are they still open and active after this long when I've never even spoke to the creditors? And on top of everything the statue of limitations is up to where they can't take legal action on me so basically what I read is I really don't have to pay. And another thing is there are 4 separate accounts from the same company so it looks like I neglected 4 different account. And I was told it this company would just add all the money up and just have one collection on my report it would look better to the creditors instead of them seeing four separate accounts in collections. So why and how are they still open and active?

They are going to show for 7 years from the date they first went overdue because that is the credit history period that is looked at.