Question

motupi2166

Why are my Transunion scores and grades different on Credit Sesame?
They both use Transunion. Credit Sesame has me at 789 with a Grade B score for credit inquiries. Credit Karma has me at 760 with credit inquiries as Very poor. We bought a car last April (2015) and the salesman did loan inquiries for 9 different places without telling us. From what I've read, applying for a car loan should count as one inquiry. Credit Sesame took it off my report. But you still have it down as 9 inquires. Why?

Most Helpful Response

People at times putting way too much importance on some free site's interpretations of your credit, might it be "grades" or "factors", not to mention "recommendations" and "approval odds". Credit Karma think you need to have more than 20 open accounts to be in "excellent" range, is that practical or feasible for majority of consumers?... First, no lenders/creditors call any of these sites asking what they think about your credit or pull your reports/scores from them directly, it's more or less irrelevant, along with vast majority of scores these sites provides. However I do understand people, myself included, rather see our scores be high no matter how irrelevant it might be... Second, the inquiry last on your credit report for 2 years, some sites only lists what you have in last 12 months. Yes, when you are "rate shopping" those inquiries count toward your "score" as one (if it's coded properly) but each and every inquiry still be listed on your report as individuals.