Question

BlueBlitzen

Why are my total accounts so poor when my derogatory remark is fair?
I have one derogatory mark on my report from two years ago that credit karma lists as "fair." I also have my total accounts listed as "poor," which surprised me because I figured my derogatory mark would be more damaging. Only one of those accounts in my total accounts I can vouch for is 100% open and active. The rest, as it states on credit karma, are listed as closed. And they should be based out of my derogatory mark (bankruptcy). Since the rest of those accounts are closed and technically wiped clean since I filed chapter 7, why are my total accounts so poor in comparison to my "fair" bankruptcy?

A chaper 7 bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years. Chapter 13, for 7 years.

You need to read articles on this site and elsewhere to understand how credit and credit scoring works.

Not using credit can be just as bad as bad credit. Only having one open account is not good for building credit. Do some reading on how to build/rebuild credit.