Question

Twink92

Why are my school loans affecting my credit report already
Why is this affecting my credit score if payments for it doesn't occur until I'm finished with school. If I haven't missed a payment or payments are not even made yet then why is it making my credit score high just because I have the loan?

Most Helpful Response

Here's what goes into calculating your credit score: 35% payment history, 30% amounts owed, 15% length of credit history, 10% mix of credit, 10% new credit/inquiries.  So that would fall into amounts owed and since you've made no payments on them yet, you're not yet getting credit for payment history.  Your loans are deferred right now I assume?  And, you want a HIGH credit score, that is a good thing.  Hope this helps!

student loans

Hi I just did a chapter 13 I have over 30,000 worth of student loan should I try to consolidate into a payment plan or just try to pay a little at a time.