Question

Leveecius

Why are my reports different?

Most Helpful Response

The Bureaus collect data differently

All three bureaus collect data differently.  They use the same scoring model, but there are variances in their data.

Some creditors don't report to all three, so there may be differences in the number of accounts showing or on the balance totals showing.  I have a similar situation between transunion and the other two.  Transunion still shows an account I closed and calculates it in my Utilization ratio.  So there's a bit of a difference in scores.

If it concerns you enough, you can dispute the info with that specific bureau and they are required to place an inquiry with the creditor.  The creditor has to respond within 30 days. 

Sorry I'm double posting, not sure how this is all setup just yet, but I'm trying to figure out my reports.  On one report it is showing one of my creditors closed the account, and on the other it is showing it is still open.  What should I do?