Question

aprilb0517

Why are my "removed accounts" still on my credit report under a new collection agency?
I checked my removed accounts section and all of the accounts currently match what are still on my credit reports for transunion and equifax but they are showing up under a different collection agency now. How can they be "removed" but then be reported again under a new collection agency? It doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone else experience this or know what I should do?

It would go back to why was it removed in the first place. Unless that collection account was removed by Credit Bureaus for legitimate reasons, then any collection accounts can reappear on your reports anytime during its 7 1/2 years reportable period. In your case, it's being reported by a new collection agency, that tells me it was sold and removed because it was transitioning from one collection agency to another. It can happene again and again as collections changing hands often.